Leicester based Development Technical Consultants have supported Strategic Land Promoter IM Land with technical expertise to deliver a 100-acre scheme to the new homes market.
M-EC were instructed as lead technical consultant for a 100-Acre, 750 home development in Curborough, north-east of Lichfield.
The scheme will be a sustainable new community offering a wide variety of new homes. It will also provide a new primary school, sports pitches and a building for Staffordshire Air Cadets. Natural assets will be utilised where possible and green infrastructure to support play areas and a community garden through the network of walking and cycling routes across the scheme.
M-EC were instructed to support and provide technical expertise on a range of pre-planning matters, with the remit to overcoming fundamental problems and creating technical designs that not only work but also enhance the development and prepare it for the market.
The development required a suite of technical expertise and services from M-EC, which included:
- Geomatics – A topographical survey and detailed utility tracing to locate existing apparatus were carried out.
- Lighting – Street lighting assessment designs.
- Transport – Statements, Section 38 spine road, Section 278, cycleway and public transport plans.
- Civil Engineering – Section 38 and Section 278 Designs, Section 104 drainage plan, Haul Road Design.
- Flood Risk & Drainage – Drainage strategy, flood modelling, flood risk assessments, and mitigation strategy.
- Acoustic Air – Odour assessments.
- Utilities – Diversion and budget quotes were obtained, and constraints plans were provided, combining the Geomatics tracing ingo and plans from utility providers. The utility team also supplied detailed utility cross-sections for an area under the local railway bridge and applied for formal multi-utility quotes.
- Geo-Environmental – Ground investigations which included large-scale window sampling, trial pitting and soakage testing, and remediation strategy to remove contamination from backfilled marl pits across the development. A Ground Investigation report was also prepared for the proposed spine road linking Wood End Lane to the North East.
The M-EC team also supported public transport negotiations, utility concerns, and S106 Contributions and liaised with the local authorities, environmental agency, Severn Trent, HS2 and Network Rail on behalf of the clients.
Alex Bennett, Director at M-EC, said: “This is a great scheme to be involved in with great clients in IM Land and now Redrow Homes. I am looking forward to seeing it delivered and continuing to work with the wider consultancy team.”
M-EC will have been retained as lead engineers by Redrow Homes to support the reserved matters and detailed designs for onsite infrastructure.
They look forward to supporting the development further and seeing the development progress to fruition, providing a sustainable new community of homes in Lichfield.
For more details about the services offered by M-EC visit: https://www.m-ec.co.uk/services/.
Image: credit – IM Land
Caption: Artist’s impression of the 750 unit scheme
Media contact: Hayley Knight, M-EC, Hayley.email@example.com / 07527 468368
Notes to editors:
M-EC is a leading firm of technical development consultants, providing the full spectrum of professional engineering development services, including civil engineering, transport, road safety, flood risk and drainage, structures, street lighting, geomatics, geo-environmental, noise and air quality and utilities.
Founded by directors Eddie Mewies and Alexander Bennett, who have worked together for many years, M-EC prides itself on communicating clearly and concisely with clients and other parties, delivering innovative, sustainable and cost-effective solutions.
M-EC operates on a nationwide basis from its Leicestershire headquarters in all sectors, including residential, commercial/industrial, retail and leisure for public and private sector clients. For more information, please visit www.m-ec.co.uk