Leading housebuilder Barratt and David Wilson Homes South Midlands, based in Northampton, has built 515 homes in the region during the past year and contributed over £101m to the UK’s economic output.
The achievements are highlighted in a new report which measures the housebuilder’s social and economic contribution to the South Midlands region over the past financial year (31st June 2019 – 30th June 2020).
The developer covers Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Buckinghamshire.
Included within the company’s socio-economic footprint are key figures relating to the company’s support for the housebuilding supply chain, local communities, environment, public services and employment. The figures show that the housebuilder:
- Supported over 1,570 jobs directly and through its contractors and suppliers.
- Directly employed nine new graduates, trainees and apprentices.
- Supported 250 subcontractor companies and 360 supplier companies.
- Provided 128 new school places
- Created 8.3 hectares of green space in the area for residents and the public to use.
- Contributed £11.5m locally including its Community Infrastructure Levy and S106 contributions.
- Spent £12m on physical works benefitting local communities including highway and environmental improvements and community facilities
- Donated £13,000 to charities
John Dillon, Managing Director at Barratt and David Wilson Homes South Midlands said: “As a five star housebuilder, we are very aware of the pivotal role we play in helping to boost the local economy.
“We are committed to a strategy that includes leaving a positive and lasting legacy in the communities in which we build homes, be that through job creation, bolstering surrounding businesses or enhancing and protecting the local environment.
“We are proud to be a major force in the growth and prosperity of our region, and look forward to continuing our work in 2021.”
The report on Barratt and David Wilson Homes’ Socio-Economic Footprint 2020 was carried out by Lichfields planning and development consultancy.
For sales enquiries, please call the Barratt and David Wilson Homes sales team on 033 3355 8510 or the David Wilson Homes sales team on 033 3355 8486. Alternatively, you can visit www.barratthomes.co.uk or www.dwh.co.uk.
The post LEADING HOUSEBUILDER INVESTS IN THE SOUTH MIDLANDS first appeared on Connect East Midlands.