intu Derby is calling for local budding photographers to submit images captured during lockdown, to form part of a new Lockdown Gallery that will be installed in the centre.
Aiming to spread positivity and capture the lives of our local community over the last few challenging months, intu Derby is offering individuals of all ages the chance to have their lockdown-themed photographs on display throughout the summer.
Lockdown Gallery hopes to reflect the kindness, bravery, hope, humour and beauty Derby residents have experienced, as well as celebrate local key workers who have kept the region going throughout the crisis. The centre is seeking images that fit within three themes; socially distanced reunions, local heroes and Derbyshire under Lockdown.
A panel will then review the entries and a number of images will go on display in the centre’s Lockdown Gallery this summer, as well as across its website and social media channels.
Adam Tamsett, general manager at intu Derby, said: “We hope that our Lockdown Gallery will showcase some of the incredible experiences that the local community has gone through over the last few months.
“The selected photographs will be printed and displayed in a dedicated gallery space that will hopefully put a smile on the faces of our visitors, local residents and the wider community.
“So, if you’ve captured a picture during lockdown that fits within one of our three themes, whether it’s a socially distanced selfie with a loved one, a person who has gone above and beyond to help others, or captured a local landmark or the empty city streets, we’d love for you to get in touch and share your photo!”
Visitors to the Lockdown Gallery will also have the option to order and purchase any displayed images in the exhibition as a keepsake.
For more information and to share your lockdown photography for consideration in intu Derby’s Lockdown Gallery, please contact intuDerby@rewiredpr.com. Entries should be submitted in high resolution digital file format by 5pm on Monday 20th July.
How to get involved:
- The Lockdown Gallery callout and activity is completely free and open to all ages and abilities.
- Photographs should be sent to intuDerby@rewiredpr.com for consideration for inclusion in the Lockdown Gallery before the deadline of Monday 20th July, 2020, 5pm.
- Photograph submissions should be sent as a high-resolution JPEG or PNG attachment in an email. Photography entries should be at least 2mb minimum in file size.
- Please include the full name/s and age/s of the photographer and any individuals featured in the image in the body of the email so that we can credit them alongside their image. A very short description of the image is also encouraged.
- All entries chosen for display in intu Derby’s Lockdown Gallery will be notified by email week commencing 20th July. Unfortunately, we will be unable to respond to any submissions that are not selected for display.
- By sharing your photography submission via email, you are a) confirming that you own the rights to the image and b) providing your consent for intu Derby to display your image in the Lockdown Gallery, across intu Derby’s website and owned social media channels; c) providing your consent for intu Derby to sell your photograph to interested visitors.
- The person submitting the photograph for entry must ensure that, prior to submission, they have the relevant permission and consent from all and any individuals appearing in the image (or their parents or guardians if they are children) to: a) share the image with intu Derby for consideration; b) to display the image in the Lockdown Gallery; and c) to use the image across intu Derby’s website and social media channels; and d) to sell the image to interested visitors.
- Visitors can purchase photographs featured in the Lockdown Gallery for a keepsake by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the photo they wish to purchase and paying in advance at intu Derby’s Centre Management reception. Purchased prints will be available to be collected at intu Derby’s Centre Management reception within two weeks from the original order and purchase date. An email will notify you that your order is ready to collect. Orders are subject to availability and payment in advance is compulsory. Visitors will have one week to collect their order from intu Derby’s Centre Management reception once the order collection email has been issued. For order enquiries and price options, please email email@example.com.